I'm a Ph.D. student in Department of Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Currently, I'm interested in file storage systems and distributed storage systems. My advisors are Prof. Andrea Arpaci-Dusseau and Prof. Remzi Arpaci-Dusseau. Before coming to UW-Madison, I received my B.Eng. from Software Institute, Nanjing University, China in 2016.
- Ph.D. student, Department of Computer Sciences, UW-Madison. (Sep. 2016 - present)
- B. Eng., Software Institute, Nanjing University, China. (Sep. 2012 - June. 2016)
- Thesis: "Depth-aware layered edge for elastic RGB-D object proposal".
- Jing Liu, Andrea C. Arpaci-Dusseau, Remzi H. Arpaci-Dusseau, and Sudarsun Kannan. "File Systems as Processes", in 11th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems (HotStorage 19), Renton, WA, 2019. [paper][slide]
- Irene Zhang, Jing Liu, Amanda Austin, Michael Lowell Roberts, and Anirudh Badam. "I’m Not Dead Yet! The Role of the Operating System in a Kernel-Bypass Era", in Proceedings of the Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS '19), Bertinoro, Italy, 2019. [paper]
- Suli Yang, Jing Liu, Andrea C. Arpaci-Dusseau, and Remzi H. Arpaci-Dusseau. "Principled Schedulability Analysis for Distributed Storage Systems using Thread Architecture Models", in Proceedings of the 13th Symposium on Operating System and Design Implementation (OSDI '18), CA, USA, 2018. [paper]
- Ramnatthan Alagappan, Aishwarya Ganesan, Jing Liu, Andrea Arpaci-Dusseau, and Remzi Arpaci-Dusseau. "Fault-Tolerance, Fast and Slow: Exploiting Failure Asynchrony in Distributed Systems", in Proceedings of the 13th Symposium on Operating System and Design Implementation (OSDI '18), CA, USA, 2018. [paper]
- Jing Liu, Tongwei Ren, Yuantian Wang, Sheng-Hua Zhong, Jia Bei, and Shengchao Chen, "Object proposal on RGB-D images via elastic edge boxes", in Neurocomputing, 2017 May, 236:134-146. [paper]
- Jing Liu, Tongwei Ren, Bing-Kun Bao, and Jia Bei, "Depth-aware layered edge for object proposal", in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '16), Seattle, USA, 2016. [paper]
- Jing Liu, Tongwei Ren, and Jia Bei, "Elastic edge boxes for object proposal on RGB-D images", in Proceedings of International Conference on Multimedia Modeling (MMM '16), Miami, USA, 2016. [paper][slide]
- Research Assistant, Computer Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison. (Sep. 2016 - Now)
- Research Intern, Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA. (May. 2018 - August. 2018)
- Mentor: Dr. Irene Zhang
- Research Assistant, State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology, Nanjing University. (Mar. 2014 - Jun. 2016)
- Advisor: Prof. Tongwei Ren.
- Teaching Assistant, Software Institute, Nanjing University.
Honors & Awards:
- Student Grant (OSDI-18), 2018
- Student Scholarship (SOSP-17), 2017
- Summer Research Award, CS@UW-Madison, 2017
- Graduate Research Fellowship, UW-Madison, 2016-2017
- Outstanding Undergraduate Dissertation of Jiangsu Province, 2017
- Outstanding Undergraduate Dissertation of Nanjing University, 2016
- Outstanding Student in Nanjing University, 2013, 2014, 2015
- National Scholarship, 2013
- Zhongying Tang Scholarship, 2012-2015
- FAST'18 External Reviewer